Dark web sites are used when you work undercover. Although the dark web is usually associated with prohibited Internet pages and illicit activities, the truth is that not everything that happens there is dangerous, illegal, or harmful. There are also many services, information pages, and content libraries for everyone.
Here we will give you a list of very valuable and completely legal dark web sites. But first, we will briefly talk about the difference between the dark web and the deep web and give you some very important tips to access hidden pages safely.
Differences between dark web sites and deep web sites
Table of Contents
It is very common to think that “dark web” and “deep web” are synonyms, but in reality, they refer to two different levels of the Internet:
- The deep web are Internet page that cannot be accessed directly through a search engine. It is very comprehensive and includes 90% of the Internet, since it includes all the sites that you can only access with passwords, paywalls, firewalls, etc. For example, your online bank account or your email inbox is part of the “deep web.”
- The dark web is part of the deep web, but it includes a specific part that is not indexed by search engines such as Google. You also cannot access the sites from a conventional browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, but must use the Tor browser. This entire part of the Internet is unregulated and accessing it carries some risks that you can neutralize if you take appropriate precautionary measures by protecting yourself with a good antivirus and a good VPN.
How to safely access dark web sites
To navigate the hidden pages of the deep web you must follow a series of careful steps. The main ones are:
- Have the Tor browser installed (since it is the gateway to dark web sites)
- Make sure you are connected to a VPN server to stay protected.
At VPNOverview we have a detailed guide to accessing the dark web. Here are some of the main points:
- Sign up and install a trusted VPN provider, such as NordVPN, Surfshark, or PIA VPN to encrypt all your traffic and maintain your anonymity.
- Download the Tor browser from its official website which will allow you to access the Onion links. This Software is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
- Take some safety measures like closing non-essential apps, covering your webcam, and turning off your device’s location.
- Get an antivirus to prevent your device from becoming infected with viruses or spyware.
- Open Tor to access the dark web sites you want by copying its address. It’s best to use a directory like Hidden Wiki to find popular Onion links.
Dark web sites search engines
Although you cannot find any search engine like Google here, it is possible to navigate its links through directories and pages to enter the dark web. Some of the following sites may help you on your way.
1. The Hidden Wiki
Enlace Onion: http://zqktlwiuavvvqqt4ybvgvi7tyo4hjl5xgfuvpdf6otjiycgwqbym2qad.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
In Hidden Wiki, you can find links to different pages on the dark web. Many onion links are often meaningless as they consist of a random combination of numbers and letters, making it difficult for you to find the page you are looking for. Hidden Wiki does much of the searching for you. In addition, they offer informative pages on different topics that may be interesting to read.
Enlace Onion: http://jaz45aabn5vkemy4jkg4mi4syheisqn2wn2n4fsuitpccdackjwxplad.onion/
Like Hidden Wiki, OnionLinks is a catalog of working dark web sites. The page is simple and organized. All links are grouped under different headings, including financial services, business services, news sites, email providers, and privacy services. It’s a great place to start if you’re just starting out in the world of hidden pages.
Enlace Onion: https://duckduckgogg42xjoc72x3sjasowoarfbgcmvfimaftt6twagswzczad.onion/
DuckDuckGo is a search engine that is also available on the surface web. Unlike other search engines, DuckDuckGo does not collect or share any personal information. This search engine is perfect if you want to be more anonymous on the web. It can be used on dark web sites because it also shows .onion links. Most surface web search engines do not index .onion websites. so they won’t take you to any dark deep web pages.
Enlace Onion: http://juhanurmihxlp77nkq76byazcldy2hlmovfu2epvl5ankdibsot4csyd.onion/
Ahmia is another of the pages to enter the dark web sites. Its intention is to provide users of the anonymous Tor network with a powerful and robust search engine that helps discover different useful websites on the dark web. Additionally, Ahmia can also be used to view statistics, information, and news about the Tor network.
Enlace Onion: http://danielas3rtn54uwmofdo3x2bsdifr47huasnmbgqzfrec5ubupvtpid.onion/
Daniel is an excellent resource to help you explore different links on the deep web and the Tor browser in general. The Daniel website includes 7,000 onion links classified by categories to make navigation easier. Additionally, it has a very useful built-in feature that lets you know if a particular website is online. This is very useful as it means you don’t need to click and load every listed link on the dark web to see if it works.
Enlace Onion: darkfailenbsdla5mal2mxn2uz66od5vtzd5qozslagrfzachha3f3id.onion
7. Tor Metrics
Enlace Onion: http://hctxrvjzfpvmzh2jllqhgvvkoepxb4kfzdjm6h7egcwlumggtktiftid.onion/
In Tor Metrics you can find more information about the Tor project. If you are interested in privacy and how the Tor project works, this website will give you some knowledge. Among other things, you can see how many people use the Tor browser and how many .onion pages exist. Tor user statistics will also be a good indicator of how much activity there is on dark web sites, how many hidden services exist, and where the majority of dark web users are from.