Developers generate revenue by including ads in their apps. They have two alternatives for customers who want to use their apps: pay for a lifetime version of the application or enjoy the free version that includes ads. The best ad blockers for Android help remove ads from the apps. We have installed it on our Android devices.
Many users choose to use the free version because they cannot afford the expensive version. However, the best method to avoid ads is to use programs that will block these ads permanently. While most of the best ad blockers in Android apps mentioned below work in browsers, you may need to give root access to your Android smartphone to use some of them.
Let’s start with the list of best ad blockers for Android apps in this article, which will help you eliminate the annoying ads you usually find in apps.
10+ Best Ad Blockers for Android Apps
Table of Contents
To find the best ad blockers for Android apps, you’re probably looking for one that can block ads instead of system-wide ads (as we explained above). If you’re looking for ad blocker software for your Android phone, plenty of free, high quality options exist.
AdWay is the best free ad blocker app for Android. Although it is a free program, it can block all ads on your smartphone. There are no security checks in the Google Play store, but because it is open-source software, anyone can check your code for security issues, and problems should be fixed quickly.
- Ads are blocked on all devices.
- Allowlists and blocklists are options for more specific customization.
- Access to the central file system is not required (optional)
AdBlock is a good and free Android app ad blocker that does an excellent job of preventing ads. While it may not seem like much, it does its job by blocking banners, pop-ups, and other types of advertising.
- Various Android browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and more are supported.
- It prevents ads and trackers from loading, allowing you to browse faster.
3. TrustGo Ad Detector
TrustGo Ad Detector works differently than the best ad blockers for Android apps because it scans your device to find the source of ads and trackers. You can then choose whether or not to sleep or delete programs that constantly bombard you with ads and invasive pop-ups.
- It detects unwanted programs and lets you regain control of your smartphone.
- Identify potentially dangerous applications that could steal your personal information.
- It is easy to use.
AdClear is the best ad blocker for Android apps created by Seven Networks. By using this software, you can prevent your phone from being bombarded with annoying advertisements. For example, YouTube advertising and malicious software appearing on web pages or applications will be blocked. This app protects you from in-app ads, pop-ups, and misleading advertising. This software is free and is used on Android smartphones and tablets.
- AdClear is the best screen locker on the market that does not need to root your phone.
- AdClear, the best product on the market, effectively blocks ads on YouTube.
AdGuard is a powerful ad blocker app that can block ads on any app or Browser. It also has features like DNS filtering, custom filters, malware protection, and battery optimization. AdGuard is easy to set up and use and doesn’t require root access. You can download AdGuard for free from its official website or upgrade to the premium version for more features and support.
- Blocking ads on any app or Browser has many features and options, doesn’t require root access, and has a free version.
- The premium version is expensive, may slow down some websites or apps, and may conflict with VPNs.
Blokada is a free and open-source Android ad blocker app that filters ads and trackers through a local VPN. It also has features like filter lists, allowlists, and a DNS server. Blokada can block ads on any app or Browser, in-app purchases, and push notifications. Blokada is available on Google Play Store, F-Droid, or its official website.
- Blocks ads on any app or Browser have many filter lists and options, are free and open-source, and don’t require root access.
- It may drain battery or data, interfere with some VPNs or apps, and not block all ads or trackers.
7. Brave Browser
Brave Browser is a fast and secure web browser with a built-in ad and tracker Android blocker. It also has other features, such as privacy-respecting ads, tracker blocking, and sync. Brave Browser can block ads and trackers on any website, and it also rewards you with Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) for viewing privacy-respecting ads or tipping content creators. You can download Brave Browser from the Google Play Store or its official website.
- Blocks ads and trackers on any website have many features and options, reward you with BAT, fast and secure.
- Only blocks ads on websites, not on apps, may not support some websites or extensions, and may not block all ads or trackers.
DNS66 is a simple and lightweight ad blocker app that uses DNS filtering to block ads and trackers. It also has features like DNS servers, filter lists, and allowlists. DNS66 can block ads on any app or Browser and system-wide ads. DNS66 is free and open-source; you can get it from F-Droid or its official website.
- Blocks ads on any app or Browser are simple, lightweight, free, open-source, and don’t require root access.
- It may not block all ads or trackers, slow down some websites or apps, or conflict with some VPNs.
9. Firefox Focus
Firefox Focus is a privacy focused web browser with a built-in ad and tracker blocker. It also has features like an erase button, stealth mode, and custom search engines. Firefox Focus can block ads and trackers on any website and erase your browsing history and cookies with one tap. Firefox Focus is free and available on the Google Play Store or its official website.
- Blocks ads and trackers on any website are privacy-focused, have many features and options, and are free.
- Only blocks ads on websites, not on apps, may not support some websites or extensions, and may not sync with other devices.
NetGuard is a firewall app that can also block ads and trackers by controlling the network access of apps. It also has other features like network traffic, IP filtering, and VPN mode. NetGuard can block ads on any app or Browser and reduce data usage and battery consumption. NetGuard is free and open-source, and you can download it from Google Play Store, GitHub, or its official website.
- Blocks ads on any app or Browser, firewall app that controls network access of apps, reduces data usage and battery consumption.
- It may not block all ads or trackers, interfere with some VPNs or apps, and require root access for some features.
11. Vivaldi Browser
Vivaldi Browser is a customizable and feature-rich web browser for any device with a built-in ad and tracker blocker. It also has tab management, speed dial, reader mode, dark mode, gestures, and screenshot mode sync. Vivaldi Browser can block ads and trackers on any website and sync your bookmarks, password notes, and settings across devices. Vivaldi Browser is free and available on Google Play Store or its official website.
- Blocks ads and trackers on any website are customizable and feature-rich, have many features and options, and sync across devices.
- Only blocks ads on websites, not on apps, may not support some websites or extensions, and may consume more resources than other browsers.
You should install an ad blocker app to enjoy a better browsing experience on your Android device. Ad blocker apps can help you eliminate annoying ads, save data, and protect your privacy. But how do you know which ad blocker app is the best for you? In this blog post, we’ve compared the pros and cons of the seven best ad blocker apps for Android and helped you find the one that matches your preferences.